Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Last Post...

Hey all,

This is my last post before I leave for Morraco...

My bag will be here tonight at 9!!! (1 pm back home) Thank you so much for all your prayers!!! I have blisters from two days in uncomfy flip flops so I'm so relieved to be getting my bag!

Another praise! There are more celiacs here in Spain than there are at home. The super markets are full of gluten-free crackers, bread, meat, and yummmmy chocolate chip cookies! My leaders are SO nice, and they have made sure that I have a bag full of crackers, dried fruit, nuts, soy milk, and cookies to take with me tomorrow. They also said (and this surprises me because I did so much research!) that in Morroco there are many diabetics, and so alot of people cannot eat sugar. They said that when we visit homes where I cannot eat the food, they will explain that I'm unable, like a diabetic, to eat certain foods, and because of this the Morrocans will not take offense! They aim to keep me as gluten-free (and well) as possible! Praise the Lord!

The beach here is beautiful, and today we had a picnic and laid in the sun. The orientation officially begins tonight and then we finish training in Morocco. The difference in cultures is absolutely crazy, and I can hardly take it all in!

I will be back in Spain on the 28th... Blessings and Thank you for praying!!!

Love Kate

2 comments:

Grace said...

Dearest Katie,
we are praising and thanking God with you (and FOR you)!!! What a loving and kind heavenly Father we have. His provision is so perfect...more than we could have asked or imagined! Matthew chapter 6 was on my heart and mind this morning as I prayed for you and your team. My Bible notes: "God will meet all the needs of those who risk all for Him". Praise His Name!!!
*we love you, mmy*

Grace said...

Guess what song is going through my head. Okay. I'll tell you.
"La Mer....doo de doo doo, de doo, doo, doo, doo, doooo" wish I knew the rest of the real words in French. I have to make it up. Ah well. Guess it's time for a showing of "Mr. Bean's Holiday" around here. Bet you're bummed to miss out!!!:) *big loves* mmy